Here are the major things you should prepare for in the new year:
- The Fed is determined to slow the economy. While it may become more dovish and raise rates less than previously expected, this would only be in response to much tighter credit, lower earnings, contracting GDP, and lower asset values. Do not underestimate the Fed’s intent to slow this economy- which does not mean lower inflation- because there isn’t any- but means lower asset values, and whatever that brings with it- including lower profits and higher unemployment. Invest accordingly- now.
- As U.S.-China negotiations continue, the relationship will sour further as it becomes clear that little common ground and compromise is possible because our cultures are too divergent, and our respective values too deeply entrenched, causing frustrations to grow. The trade conflict will escalate- no matter how much edamame the Chinese agree to buy from us.
- North Korea will rise as a major irritant on the world stage as it seeks to stoke the flames of the U.S.- China dispute and seeks all the benefits it can achieve for itself from the divide. North Korea will present a major threat to global stability starting in the first half of 2019.
- The U.S. and China will face a potential military showdown in the South China Sea, which may begin as a potential military conflict between China and Canada, which has been our proxy for actions against China, or over a U.S. military action in North Korea from the air or sea.
- We need to now see how this shocking U.S. withdrawal from Syria unfolds in terms of new terror threats- which I believed, and was thrilled, were nearly cured by the President; so, I am not sure what he is thinking. I await more facts. I suspect that a military conflict in Asia is possible (most likely with N. Korea, though possibly also with China over territory issues- not over trade … although all issues with China are connected and inter-related at this point).
2019 is going to be a thrilling and terrifying year of global events from Europe, to Asia, to the Middle East- to the United States. What else would you expect from a real time global version of “The Apprentice”, where everyone is competing to make a profit and to survive and move to the next level before Donald Trump lays down the hammer?
Lights … cameras …
Neil S. Siskind, Esq., President
The Siskind Law Firm
Neil Siskind is the Founder & Chairman of The Fatherhood Assignment
Learn more at: http://www.neil-siskind-the-fatherhood-assignment.org/
Neil Siskind is the Conservator of the Neil S. Siskind Nature Preserve
The Neil S. Siskind Nature Preserve is over 7 acres of environmentally-pristine waterfront land in a magnificent setting along New York’s majestic Hudson River. The Preserve includes a variety of species of animal and plant life, and is a precious example of the thoughtful maintenance of New York’s priceless open spaces. The land’s uses are limited to outdoor recreation such as hiking and climbing, and the study of ecology, nature and land use. The Neil S. Siskind Nature Preserve allows for the intelligent contemplation of our valuable natural resources and the most effective ways to maximize them and keep them protected.
Neil Siskind, Founder, “National Fatherhood Day” – March 29th
Read about the non-profits and charities whose missions Neil Siskind supports and promotes: www.neilsiskindsupports.com
Caring is Free®
You can read what clients and associates say about Neil Siskind at: http://siskindlawfirm.com/neil-siskind-bio/.
Neil Siskind’s Volunteer Work:
– Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Volunteer
– Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, My Fundraiser- Help Neil Siskindhelp children with cancer to be more comfortable: http://mskcc.convio.net/site/TR?px=3182108&fr_id=2632&pg=personal
– Make-A Wish Foundation- Help Neil Siskind make sick children’s wishes come true by creating your own fundraiser: Neil-Siskind/Help-Make-A-Child-Smile.htm
– DonorsChoose.org- Donate to one of my needy public classrooms: http://www.donorschoose.org/NeilSiskindGiving
– Champion Children– We seek to inspire people through stories of children who have overcome challenges: http://siskindlawfirm.com/neil-siskind-champion-children/
Neil Siskind’s Pro Bono Work:
– Saving Senior Citizens- Protecting New York’s senior citizens from fraud and financial abuse www.savingseniorcitizens.com
– Senior FreeStart Business– Pro Bono: We seek to help put senior citizens in the right direction so that they can face the challenges of the modern economy: http://siskindlawfirm.com/free-start-business/
– Veteran FreeStart Business– Pro Bono: We seek to help put Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans in the right direction so that they can face the challenges of the modern economy: http://siskindlawfirm.com/free-start-business/
– In development: The Neil S. Siskind School of Hope: A free school to teach inner-city youths the skills of entrepreneurship and importance of economic self-sufficiency.
Neil Siskind’s Government Work:
– Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, Boston, MA, 1994, Intern
– Office of Senator Christopher J. Dodd, Newington, CT, 1992, Intern
– Hartford County Department of Probation, Hartford, CT, 1991, Intern
Neil Siskind’s Community Assistance:
Financed & operated a legal clinic providing low-cost legal services to struggling Long Islanders during the recession to help clients resolve debt, organize finances, and launch new businesses.
Neil Siskind’s Professional Curriculum Vitae: http://neilsiskind.com/
Inventors, IP Owners, Manufacturers
Learn How To Bring Products To Market And To Expand Your Distribution Channels
The Complete Guide To The Ways To Manufacture & Sell Your Products