Types of Debt Investments:
– Purchase of a distressed or defaulted credit instrument (such as a non-performing note), secured by business assets or real estate, at a discount to face value & to collateral value (foreclosure would be required)
– Purchase of unpaid invoices from a company that has provided a product or service (a collection action with a settlement or a judgment would be required)
– Purchase of charged-off credit card debts (a collection action with a settlement or judgment would be required)
– Purchase of foreclosed business assets at auction, or inventories & equipment at a U.C.C. sale
– Purchase of foreclosed real estate at auction
– Purchase of business equipment or real estate at a bankruptcy auction
– Purchase of a seized asset at a govt. auction
– Purchase of bank-owned real estate (REO)
– Purchase of a tax lien at a county auction (foreclosure would be required)
– Purchase of real or personal property at an estate sale
– Purchase of credit instruments & assignment of lawsuit during a foreclosure case in progress
· Collection actions may or may not include a lawsuit.
· In any case where a judgment is obtained, actions are required to collect on the judgment.