The suggestions that Chairman Powell said something earthshaking before Congress this week when he conceded that the Phillips curve may have become irrelevant, are way overdone. Powell has made many such references in the past. Here’s a quote out of the Chairman from an FOMC meeting press conference last December. Powell has been suggesting the death of the Phillips curve for some time.
Powell- December, 2018-
“I do expect … wage increases will continue, and that will be a welcome development. Wage increases do not need to be inflationary. There are examples in the late 1990s … we had wage increases above productivity plus inflation, we did not have high inflation. So it would be welcome … I would expect wages will keep moving up. It doesn’t necessarily mean inflation … we don’t think about it that way.”
Powell’s statement from December is, actually, “more” dismissive of the Phillips curve than his statements made in his testimony this past week where he said that the natural rate of unemployment is probably lower than we thought, and that “at some point”, if unemployment went low enough, there “would” be wage pressures & general price inflation (which seems to contradict, or, at least, dial-back, his December, 2018 statement).
Neil S. Siskind, Esq., President
The Siskind Law Firm
Neil Siskind is the Founder & Chairman of The Fatherhood Assignment
Learn more at: http://www.neil-siskind-the-fatherhood-assignment.org/
Neil Siskind is the Conservator of the Neil S. Siskind Nature Preserve
The Neil S. Siskind Nature Preserve is over 8 acres of environmentally-pristine waterfront land in a magnificent setting along New York’s majestic Hudson River. The Preserve includes a variety of species of animal and plant life, and is a precious example of the thoughtful maintenance of New York’s priceless open spaces. The land’s uses are limited to outdoor recreation such as hiking and climbing, and the study of ecology, nature and land use. The Neil S. Siskind Nature Preserve allows for the intelligent contemplation of our valuable natural resources and the most effective ways to maximize them and keep them protected.
Neil Siskind, Founder, “National Fatherhood Day” – March 29th
Read about the non-profits and charities whose missions Neil Siskind supports and promotes: www.neilsiskindsupports.com
Caring is Free®
You can read what clients and associates say about Neil Siskind at: http://siskindlawfirm.com/neil-siskind-bio/.
Neil Siskind’s Volunteer Work:
– Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Volunteer
– Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, My Fundraiser- Help Neil Siskindhelp children with cancer to be more comfortable: http://mskcc.convio.net/site/TR?px=3182108&fr_id=2632&pg=personal
– Make-A Wish Foundation- Help Neil Siskind make sick children’s wishes come true by creating your own fundraiser: Neil-Siskind/Help-Make-A-Child-Smile.htm
– DonorsChoose.org- Donate to one of my needy public classrooms: http://www.donorschoose.org/NeilSiskindGiving
– Champion Children– We seek to inspire people through stories of children who have overcome challenges: http://siskindlawfirm.com/neil-siskind-champion-children/
Neil Siskind’s Pro Bono Work:
– Saving Senior Citizens- Protecting New York’s senior citizens from fraud and financial abuse www.savingseniorcitizens.com
– Senior FreeStart Business– Pro Bono: We seek to help put senior citizens in the right direction so that they can face the challenges of the modern economy: http://siskindlawfirm.com/free-start-business/
– Veteran FreeStart Business– Pro Bono: We seek to help put Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans in the right direction so that they can face the challenges of the modern economy: http://siskindlawfirm.com/free-start-business/
– In development: The Neil S. Siskind School of Hope: A free school to teach inner-city youths the skills of entrepreneurship and importance of economic self-sufficiency.
Neil Siskind’s Government Work:
– Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, Boston, MA, 1994, Intern
– Office of Senator Christopher J. Dodd, Newington, CT, 1992, Intern
– Hartford County Department of Probation, Hartford, CT, 1991, Intern
Neil Siskind’s Community Assistance:
Financed & operated a legal clinic providing low-cost legal services to struggling Long Islanders during the recession to help clients resolve debt, organize finances, and launch new businesses.
Neil Siskind’s Professional Curriculum Vitae: http://neilsiskind.com/
Inventors, IP Owners, Manufacturers
Learn How To Bring Products To Market And To Expand Your Distribution Channels
The Complete Guide To The Ways To Manufacture & Sell Your Products
Medical debts can arise due to a visit to a doctor or dentist’s office, or, more often, from a visit to a hospital or emergency room. Either way, it’s frustrating because we all have medical needs, and this has now become a major cost that you can’t afford to pay. While no one can make the payment that has come due disappear, maybe something can be done to make it less, and to get more time to pay it off.
Let us try to make your life a little easier, if possible
Debt Resolution – Flat, Contingent Fee – $250.00
Only pay if you get the resolution you want.
We recognize the financial burdens and the impractical legal costs for certain individuals in retaining an attorney to help deal with creditors and debt collectors. But, having an attorney on your side to deal with a debt collection action or debt-related judgment levels the playing field by ensuring that the debt is legitimate, that debtors are not unduly or illegally harassed, that creditors follow proper legal procedures, and that debtors are protected from paying more money to creditors than necessary.
In the goal of helping New Yorkers, we offer a flat and contingent $250.00 fee to debt, where we:
– Respond to collector or attorney letters and phone calls
– Negotiate with creditors on your behalf
– Review facts of the alleged debt to ensure there was really a debt
– Uncover facts that may make the debt improper or not collectable
– Ensure that proper collection practices are being followed
– Attempt to settle the debt for a mutually agreeable amount
– Get a proper written settlement agreement, or a satisfaction of a judgment
The flat fee for our debt aid services is $250.00. There are no additional legal fees or charges (except for any overnight and certified mailings at clients’ requests). Services and fees are subject to a written agreement between this firm and the respective client.
We can try to help you if you have received:
– A collection letter
– A collection phone call
– Have a known debt
– Received notice of a judgment against you for a debt
We work with businesses, creditor’s attorneys, and collection agencies to settle claims for an amount that you, the client, determines is acceptable.
Due to the large volume of inquiries for this program, please allow up to 24 hours to receive a response.
Important: This service is not available to you if: (i) Your bank account monies have been seized or levied; or (ii) you have already been served with a lawsuit (however, if the lawsuit has already been turned into a “judgment” we can assist); (iii) if you are not already 6 months behind and in default of a credit card debt. These companies will often only negotiate if you are in default already.
We can also help renegotiate a (non credit card related) debt before you go into default (for example, a debt or obligation on a business matter you are trying to restructure before it gets too late).
**Services provided and terms of services are subject to a service engagement letter agreement between this law firm and the specific client.
Email us today at email@example.com to learn about our flat and contingent $250.00 fee “Debt Aid”services for New Yorkers.