While there are many ways to make good amounts of money- to become truly “wealthy”- one must “manufacture”- or make or create something from nothing where the final product is worth greater than the cost to make it. This concept, or theory, includes the right to distribute something that was made or created- and best to do it on an exclusive basis.
This applies even to companies like Google or Amazon. Google’s success is due to an algorithm it created and then distributed to others. Amazon manufactured or created a marketplace for the masses. It created something new and better.
A real estate developer- a truly wealthy one- took land or a small structure and manufactured or made it into a much bigger or better piece of land or structure.
Drug makers develop and “make” drugs that they patent and sell.
Commodities producers have exclusive rights to find and extract natural resources which they own and have the exclusive right to sell.
Even the film and television industries manufacture content at a cost, a program or movie, which they can sell for more than it cost to create and make- and certain companies distribute or broadcast those creations on an exclusive basis. Both can achieve wealth.
Even musicians create and manufacture a song that did not previously exist.
There are some exceptions to this rule: Those in finance, who buy and sell stocks or commodities- who invest (short and long term) in businesses that make things; lawyers who engage in class actions against large industries (this is a small percentage of lawyers who achieve “real” wealth this way); actors don’t create any “thing” (the production company makes something- but actors just help sell it, and can get wealthy this way; contractors, including environmental cleanup companies, for example, don’t create things or ideas, but they actually do the labor that manufacturers or land owners (including governments) need in order to make or improve things that they made or to which they own the rights (nevertheless, truly wealthy people either own the properties or have achieved wealth through government relationships or by having their companies trading on the pubic exchanges); banks borrow and lend and make the spread (though they did make or create that marketplace-their companies and distribution channels- to do that in a mass manner).
One can move money around or have their company stock trade on public exchanges to create real wealth. But, by and large, unless you intend to trade or list on a public exchange as your strategy to achieve wealth, create or make something, or own or obtain exclusive rights to something worthwhile, or be part of the process to get something made- these are the main paths to “real” wealth.
Neil S. Siskind, Esq., President
The Siskind Law Firm
Neil Siskind is the Founder & Chairman of The Fatherhood Assignment
Learn more at: http://www.neil-siskind-the-fatherhood-assignment.org/
Neil Siskind is the Conservator of the Neil S. Siskind Nature Preserve
The Neil S. Siskind Nature Preserve is over 7 acres of environmentally-pristine waterfront land in a magnificent setting along New York’s majestic Hudson River. The Preserve includes a variety of species of animal and plant life, and is a precious example of the thoughtful maintenance of New York’s priceless open spaces. The land’s uses are limited to outdoor recreation such as hiking and climbing, and the study of ecology, nature and land use. The Neil S. Siskind Nature Preserve allows for the intelligent contemplation of our valuable natural resources and the most effective ways to maximize them and keep them protected.
Neil Siskind, Founder, “National Fatherhood Day” – March 29th
Read about the non-profits and charities whose missions Neil Siskind supports and promotes: www.neilsiskindsupports.com
Caring is Free®
You can read what clients and associates say about Neil Siskind at: http://siskindlawfirm.com/neil-siskind-bio/.
Neil Siskind’s Volunteer Work:
– Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Volunteer
– Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, My Fundraiser- Help Neil Siskindhelp children with cancer to be more comfortable: http://mskcc.convio.net/site/TR?px=3182108&fr_id=2632&pg=personal
– Make-A Wish Foundation- Help Neil Siskind make sick children’s wishes come true by creating your own fundraiser: Neil-Siskind/Help-Make-A-Child-Smile.htm
– DonorsChoose.org- Donate to one of my needy public classrooms: http://www.donorschoose.org/NeilSiskindGiving
– Champion Children– We seek to inspire people through stories of children who have overcome challenges: http://siskindlawfirm.com/neil-siskind-champion-children/
Neil Siskind’s Pro Bono Work:
– Saving Senior Citizens- Protecting New York’s senior citizens from fraud and financial abuse www.savingseniorcitizens.com
– Senior FreeStart Business– Pro Bono: We seek to help put senior citizens in the right direction so that they can face the challenges of the modern economy: http://siskindlawfirm.com/free-start-business/
– Veteran FreeStart Business– Pro Bono: We seek to help put Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans in the right direction so that they can face the challenges of the modern economy: http://siskindlawfirm.com/free-start-business/
– In development: The Neil S. Siskind School of Hope: A free school to teach inner-city youths the skills of entrepreneurship and importance of economic self-sufficiency.
Neil Siskind’s Government Work:
– Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, Boston, MA, 1994, Intern
– Office of Senator Christopher J. Dodd, Newington, CT, 1992, Intern
– Hartford County Department of Probation, Hartford, CT, 1991, Intern
Neil Siskind’s Community Assistance:
Financed & operated a legal clinic providing low-cost legal services to struggling Long Islanders during the recession to help clients resolve debt, organize finances, and launch new businesses.
Neil Siskind’s Professional Curriculum Vitae: http://neilsiskind.com/
Inventors, IP Owners, Manufacturers
Learn How To Bring Products To Market And To Expand Your Distribution Channels
The Complete Guide To The Ways To Manufacture & Sell Your Products