No statistic is needed for anyone to know that the intake of liquor lowers inhibitions and clouds judgment. We have all had a drink. Everyone knows that gambling, either as an individual event, or as part of a larger addiction, can result in financial losses that destroy lives. We see it all the time. Yet the serving of liquor to people while gambling in casinos is permitted in every state, leading to losses of money by inebriated customers. It should not be allowed. Far more money is lost gambling while intoxicated than while sober.
No other businesses – besides bars and restaurants- are permitted, and designed, to serve clearly inebriated customers, and, moreover, continue to enhance intoxication while selling more and more of a service or product. While laws are passed regulating casinos in a variety of manners, no laws preventing casinos from taking money from slightly intoxicated, buzzed, or even drunk guests (unless they are “visibly” or “obviously” inebriated) have been enacted.
I am advocating for laws in New York and in all 50 states to make it illegal for casinos to serve alcohol to people while they gamble.
So many laws exist to protect people from themselves, and to protect citizens from being “taken” by other people and by businesses, yet casinos continue to be permitted to serve alcohol to gamblers, lowering their inhibitions, increasing their feelings of bravado and strength, and clouding their overall decision-making abilities.
If state lawmakers around the country care for their citizens, they should take stands to enact the legislation needed by people to protect themselves from casino tactics of free drinks in exchange for bigger bets.
-Neil S. Siskind, Esq., President
The Siskind Law Firm
Neil Siskind is the Founder & Chairman of The Fatherhood Assignment
Learn more at: http://www.neil-siskind-the-fatherhood-assignment.org/
Neil Siskind is the Conservator of the Neil S. Siskind Nature Preserve
The Neil S. Siskind Nature Preserve is over 7 acres of environmentally-pristine waterfront land in a magnificent setting along New York’s majestic Hudson River. The Preserve includes a variety of species of animal and plant life, and is a precious example of the thoughtful maintenance of New York’s priceless open spaces. The land’s uses are limited to outdoor recreation such as hiking and climbing, and the study of ecology, nature and land use. The Neil S. Siskind Nature Preserve allows for the intelligent contemplation of our valuable natural resources and the most effective ways to maximize them and keep them protected.
Neil Siskind, Founder, “National Fatherhood Day” – March 29th
To encourage recognition of the needs of boys and girls who are living without fathers or father-figures in their lives.
Read about the non-profits and charities whose missions Neil Siskind supports and promotes: www.neilsiskindsupports.com
Caring is Free®
You can read what clients and associates say about Neil Siskind at: http://siskindlawfirm.com/neil-siskind-bio/.
Neil Siskind’s Volunteer Work:
– Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Volunteer
– Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, My Fundraiser- Help Neil Siskind help children with cancer to be more comfortable: http://mskcc.convio.net/site/TR?px=3182108&fr_id=2632&pg=personal
– Make-A Wish Foundation- Help Neil Siskind make sick children’s wishes come true by creating your own fundraiser: Neil-Siskind/Help-Make-A-Child-Smile.htm
– DonorsChoose.org- Donate to one of my needy public classrooms: http://www.donorschoose.org/NeilSiskindGiving
– Champion Children– We seek to inspire people through stories of children who have overcome challenges: http://siskindlawfirm.com/neil-siskind-champion-children/
Neil Siskind’s Pro Bono Work:
– Saving Senior Citizens- Protecting New York’s senior citizens from fraud and financial abuse www.savingseniorcitizens.com
– Senior FreeStart Business– Pro Bono: We seek to help put senior citizens in the right direction so that they can face the challenges of the modern economy: http://siskindlawfirm.com/free-start-business/
– Veteran FreeStart Business– Pro Bono: We seek to help put Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans in the right direction so that they can face the challenges of the modern economy: http://siskindlawfirm.com/free-start-business/
– In development: The Neil S. Siskind School of Hope: A free school to teach inner-city youths the skills of entrepreneurship and importance of economic self-sufficiency.
Neil Siskind’s Government Work:
– Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, Boston, MA, 1994, Intern
– Office of Senator Christopher J. Dodd, Newington, CT, 1992, Intern
– Hartford County Department of Probation, Hartford, CT, 1991, Intern
Neil Siskind’s Community Assistance:
Financed & operated a legal clinic providing low-cost legal services to struggling Long Islanders during the recession to help clients resolve debt, organize finances, and launch new businesses.
Neil Siskind’s Professional Curriculum Vitae: http://neilsiskind.com/